School of Education
Curriculum theory and change; Educational Ecology of communities; Educational Leadership; School, curriculum and community change; School restructuring: Organizational arrangements and structures; School culture: change and cognition
Ph.D., Curriculum and the Study of Schooling – University of California, Los Angeles – 1982
Awards and Honors
- Member, Professors of Curriculum. 1988.
- Who’s Who in American Education. 1988.
- Who’s Who in the West. 1985.
Current Activities and Service
- Member, Advisory Board of Project Life Lab
- Member, Board of Directors of the National Center for Community Education (Flint, MI)
- Governing Council Member. SOAR (United Way of King County). 2003-2004.
- Keynote Speaker. Learning across the Hours Conference. Vancouver, WA. 2003.
- Panel Discussant. Center for Community Partnerships, 10th Anniversary International Conference. Philadelphia, PA. 2003.
- Keynote Speaker. Annual School’s Out Washington Training of Trainer Events. Seattle, WA. 2003.
- Member. Advisory Group – Indicators Project on Education Organizing – Cross City Campaign for School Reform. Chicago, IL. 2000-2003.
- Member. Citizen’s Advisory Committee. Families and Education Levy, City of Seattle. 2003-2004.
- Participant. Afterschool for All: Project 2010 (Afterschool Alliance). 2003-present.
- Presenter. August Symposium: Classroom Transformation to Eliminate the Achievement Gap. Seattle, WA. 2002.
- Discussant. After-School Programs & Supplementary Education Conference. New York, NY. 2002.
- Panel Discussant. National School-Age Care Alliance Annual Conference. Memphis, TN. 2002
- Roundtable Participant. The Civil Rights Project, Harvard University, and National Institute for Urban School Improvement, University of Colorado, Denver. Cambridge, MA 2001.
- Member. Editorial Board Consultants: Journal of Research and Development in Education. 1990-1995.
- Member. Board of Directors. National Center for Community Education. 1987-present.
- Member. American Educational Research Program. 1981-present.