Students seeking admission to the Community Development Graduate program must have a Bachelors Degree and at least an overall GPA of 3.0 (B grade average) in relevant course work. Graduate Record Examination scores will be evaluated as part of the overall admissions package. A background in social sciences is helpful, but not necessary. Students with several years of relevant work experience are favored, and such experience is strongly recommended.
For information and admissions materials contact the Student Affairs Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested students are invited to visit campus. Students may obtain application materials from the Web at: https://grad.ucdavis.edu/apply
Students must submit the following with their applications:
- Official transcripts
- Results of the Graduate Record Examination, General test
- Personal statement including your biography and reasons for wanting to study Community Development at UC Davis
- Three letters of recommendation (including academic letters)
- Application fee
The application deadline is December 15.
As of September 15, you can apply using the online admission application at https://grad.ucdavis.edu/apply.
We are currently updating and streamlining our application process. As a result, please make note of the following:
- The application fee is $105 (U.S.) or $125 ( international). The fee may be paid by credit card or e-check. The fee must be paid before the application will be considered as complete, and the fee must be paid for each application submitted.
- To apply for a fee waiver, please email email@example.com
- Letters of Recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Applicants should not have recommenders send letters in hard copy, but rather to submit all recommendations online.
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online application. For more details visit https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/submit-transcripts.
- Applicants should upload required curriculum vitae, resume and/or writing sample via the online application web site.
For questions about the application process or the program leading to a MS in Community Development, please contact:
For general information about admission to graduate study at UC Davis, refer to the Office of Graduate Studies website: http://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu.